African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL) is a canning factory and farm in Machame, Kilimanjaro, owned by Dutch holding JAMAEL Food Group. We produce green beans in glass jars for export, and are planning the production of a variety of other products in our recently added tin canning line. We are operationally supported by our sister company Baltussen in the Netherlands in various ways, including sales, labeling, and logistics & distribution. Our Quality and Financial Managers are also based in the Netherlands.
It is our mission to sustainably produce export-level quality food in Tanzania and provide local and regional access to the same standards. We believe value addition through food processing, thereby preserving nutrients and enhancing shelf life, will be a key contributing factor in improving export and local market offering.
After a production stop due to COVID-19, we resumed operations in August 2021 under new management specifically hired to enable us to grow as a company and realize our ambitions. Besides expanding our production range, we are setting up operations in line with the company mission by optimizing our operational efficiency and solidifying our social and environmental sustainability.
We are looking for two Outgrower Technical Assistants for French beans. They will be responsible for ensuring that incoming outgrower produce meets target volumes and quality requirements.
The Outgrower TA is responsible for the timely delivery of target volumes and meeting quality requirements of French beans at the factory. He/she will assist farmers to meet all requirements, ensure factory production and quality departments have all required information relevant to incoming raw materials, and maintain proper registration to ensure traceability and transparency. He/she is first company representative & contact person to farmers, and functions as the eyes & ears of the company at farm-level.
You will answer to the Outgrower TA Supervisor and Outgrower Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Outgrower administration
- Recording & cross-checking all required data from the field assistants
- Support factory production planning with accurate, up to date and readily available information
- Ensure transparency and traceability for production & quality departments through record keeping
- Outgrower logistics
- Planning and managing logistics of produce pick-up and delivery, including cost-minimizing and quality optimizing transport planning
- Ensuring control of, and compliance with, company processes and traceable records of all transactions
- Transparent & effective communication with all relevant parties
- General administrative support
- Accurate, consistent and precise entry of administrative data, digital & written
- Structuring of files, information and data (both hard copy & digital)
- Data analysis, including data cleansing, structuring and analysis to synthesize performance reports
- Office & general business support
- Office supply management & procurement
- Miscellaneous support
Who we are looking for
Education & Skills
- Minimum Diploma in a relevant field (agribusiness related)
Experience & Skills
- Min. 2 years’ work experience in a similar environment
- Possession of class A (motorbike) driver’s license
- Languages: Swahili & English (written & spoken)
- Proactive in solving problems and meeting people
- Passionate about farming
- Friendly and constructive in your relationships, but confident and clear when it is necessary to give feedback
- A good planner and clear communicator
- A young, growing, and unique business environment committed to quality and sustainability, where you can make a big difference
- A diverse and international team committed to the business
- The ability to grow in experience & salary according to performance
How to apply
Send your resume and references, as well as a short motivation letter (max 750 words), to HR@africanvegetables.co.tz
We will send you a confirmation email and inform you of subsequent steps.
Application ends when the position is filled. Please note we will only consider applications from Tanzanian nationals.