African Vegetables Company Ltd. (AVL) is a canning factory and farm in Machame, Kilimanjaro, owned by Dutch holding JAMAEL Food Group. We produce green beans in glass jars for export, and are planning the production of a variety of other products in our recently added tin canning line. We are operationally supported by our sister company Baltussen in the Netherlands in various ways, including sales, labeling, and logistics & distribution. Our Quality and Financial Managers are also based in the Netherlands.
It is our mission to sustainably produce export-level quality food in Tanzania and provide local and regional access to the same standards. We believe value addition through food processing, thereby preserving nutrients and enhancing shelf life, will be a key contributing factor in improving export and local market offering.
After a production stop due to COVID-19, we resumed operations in August 2021 under new management specifically hired to enable us to grow as a company and realize our ambitions. Besides expanding our production range, we are setting up operations in line with the company mission by optimizing our operational efficiency and solidifying our social and environmental sustainability.
We are looking for a Junior Administrator who will be fully responsible for all Outgrower Administration & Logistics, and in general support our Senior Administrator and other senior staff.
The Junior Administrator supports the senior administrator and, where required, other senior staff with administrative duties through accurate, complete and precise recordkeeping and filing.
Outgrower Administration and Logistics fall entirely under the responsibility of the Junior Administrator. Besides data entry from the field, he/she is responsible for the proper management and communication of that data, as well as for the proper execution of all outgrower-related logistics requirements, including transport, transactions, records and communication.
You will answer to the Outgrower Manager and Senior Administrator.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Outgrower administration
- Recording & cross-checking all required data from the field assistants
- Support factory production planning with accurate, up to date and readily available information
- Ensure transparency and traceability for production & quality departments through record keeping
- Outgrower logistics
- Planning and managing logistics of produce pick-up and delivery, including cost-minimizing and quality optimizing transport planning
- Ensuring control of, and compliance with, company processes and traceable records of all transactions
- Transparent & effective communication with all relevant parties
- General administrative support
- Accurate, consistent and precise entry of administrative data, digital & written
- Structuring of files, information and data (both hard copy & digital)
- Data analysis, including data cleansing, structuring and analysis to synthesize performance reports
- Office & general business support
- Office supply management & procurement
- Miscellaneous support
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance, Accounting, Business Admin, Logistics)
- 0-3 years of experience
- Experience in relevant work settings, e.g. food processing, international companies
- Digitally fluent
- Languages: fluent Swahili and English (written & spoken)
- Secure and precise
- A clear and logical thinker
- Proactive, don’t need to be micro-managed, gets a job done and not a task
- Structured and well-organized, and able to convey that to others
- Able to keep a clear overview of priorities in complex situations and work well under pressure
- A young, growing, and unique business environment committed to quality and sustainability, where you can make a big difference
- A diverse and international team committed to the business
- The ability to grow in experience & salary according to performance
How to apply
Send your resume and references, as well as a short motivation letter (max 750 words), to HR@africanvegetables.co.tz
We will send you a confirmation email and inform you of subsequent steps.
Application ends when the position is filled. Please note we will only consider applications from Tanzanian nationals.